httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <>
Subject Re: Async write completion broken in trunk?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:43:39 GMT
On 18 Jan 2017, at 3:38 PM, Jim Jagielski <> wrote:

> That's a good overview... Yeah, it might be getter better, but it does
> seem that the nature of the bugs implies it's also getting more
> fragile. Could be, likely is, just my impression due to some weird
> things I've seen lately on some testing.

Pipelining support as it stands is really ugly.

There is a point that is reached where we need to ask the question “is there more data available
to read”, and if the answer is yes, we need to follow the pipeline path. We answer the question
“is there more data available to read” by trying to read some data, and then in turn by
tying ourselves in ugly knots trying to “unread” that data so the next request can work.

I want to fix this properly so we don’t read data, we just get an answer “there is data
to be read”. This will take a bit of thought, but doesn’t seem difficult to do.

View raw message