httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Async write completion broken in trunk?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:50:55 GMT
On 17 Jan 2017, at 7:40 PM, Luca Toscano <toscano.luca@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since this email thread seems important, is there any update from anybody working on
it? It would be great to open a bugzilla task otherwise, to track everything and make sure
that we don't forget about it :)

I looked at this a while back - I found that pipelining support is causing the blocking.

When we’re handling pipelined requests and we reach a limit, we block. What we should be
doing instead is looping round back to WRITE_COMPLETION, waiting for permission to write again.
This should be reasonably straightforward to fix, but my financial year end is the end of
this month so can’t look at this till February.

I suspect pipelining support has been suppressed in v2.4.x event MPM, and was at some point
“fixed” on trunk, bringing this problem back.

Regards,
Graham
—