httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Async write completion broken in trunk?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:00:26 GMT

> On Jan 18, 2017, at 7:50 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>
> On 17 Jan 2017, at 7:40 PM, Luca Toscano <toscano.luca@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since this email thread seems important, is there any update from anybody working
on it? It would be great to open a bugzilla task otherwise, to track everything and make sure
that we don't forget about it :)

> I looked at this a while back - I found that pipelining support is causing the blocking.
>
> When we’re handling pipelined requests and we reach a limit, we block. What we should
be doing instead is looping round back to WRITE_COMPLETION, waiting for permission to write
again. This should be reasonably straightforward to fix, but my financial year end is the
end of this month so can’t look at this till February.

> I suspect pipelining support has been suppressed in v2.4.x event MPM, and was at some
point “fixed” on trunk, bringing this problem back.

Somewhat on-topic but also off-topic as well, but it does seem
that event on trunk is getting much more fragile instead of more
stable. It seems to be picking up some kruft which is making
event on trunk a *worse* option than what's in 2.4, despite a deeper
async alignment.