httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject proxy_fcgi directives or envvars?
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2017 16:31:11 GMT
We have an issue in proxy_fcgi in 2.4.21 and later that makes me think
we need to tell proxy_fcgi when it's talking to php-fpm vs. a generic
fastcgi application, due to historical things in httpd and php-fpm.
Basically, we cleaned up some fcgi variables that php-fpm was
interpreting as not only Apache-originated but proxy_fcgi vs.
mod_fastcgi.

I notice that even complex proxy submodules (proxy_http) have no
directives but use envvars for config.  I actually like this approach
for obscure-ish things, but directives do have some benefits (error
checking, better doc)

Anyone have strong feelings either way?

--
Eric Covener