httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary: Broken FastCGI with httpd
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:53:11 GMT
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 4:07 AM, David Zuelke <dz@heroku.com> wrote:

> RewriteRule ^ index.php [L], GET /ohai:
>
> $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] /index.php
> $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] /ohai
> $_SERVER['REDIRECT_URL']        /ohai
> $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']     /app/index.php
>
> Last case is missing PATH_INFO and PATH_TRANSLATED. That's what many PHP frameworks (e.g.
Laravel or Symfony) use, and I think they pull the URL straight from REQUEST_URI now.

I think part of the ambiguity here is that w/ mod_fastcgi in front,
we'd force PATH_INFO to show up because mod_fastcgi wanted
SCRIPT_FILENAME to point to the interpreter?  Or at least that somehow
became the convention.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com