httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reset out x.minor.z definition of 'minor' at httpd?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 18:25:49 GMT
On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:47 PM, David Zuelke <dz@heroku.com> wrote:
> I'd actually like to question the whole practice of porting features back to older branches.
I think that's the core reason why trunk is in total disarray, and why no substantial releases
have been made. There is just no reason for anyone to push forward the state of 2.6 or even
3.0 if you can just backport whatever you want.

IMO trunk isn't in total disarray, and new releases haven't been made
because there's nobody working/waiting on anything that doesn't fit
into 2.4 as a continuous delivery release.   Maintenance has been just
as disruptive as new features.