httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1773397 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:52:03 GMT
On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 7:21 AM, Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> wrote:
>> ProxyPass ! doesn't block per-directory ProxyPass
>>
>>  *) mod_proxy: Honor a server scoped ProxyPass exception when ProxyPass is
>>      configured in <Location>, like in 2.2. PR 60458.
>>      [Eric Covener]
>
> Not immediately obvious to me how to fix it (sorry), but a Fedora user
> reported that this is a regression in 2.4.25, breaking a config like:
>
> <VirtualHost>
>    ProxyPass / foo
>    <Location /bar>
>      ProxyPass baz
>    <Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> The requests to /bar no longer maps to baz. I added a test case in
> r1780905.

I have a fix but not sure if the change should just be reverted. In
the PR, the user changed the 2.2 config to make the ProxyPass within
location and expected similar behavior.

Should have probably just told them that exceptions just could not be
done that way.

PR config is

ProxyPass /error !
<Location />
  ProxyPass http://foo/...
</Location>

It seemed useful at the time, but since stuffing the thing inside of
Location is not all that more useful functionally, adding more code
seems like a mistake.

Any opinions?

--
Eric Covener