httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposed] 2.4 Maintenance SIG
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 13:36:09 GMT
On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 7:11 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> So I'd like to know, in light of a perpetual chain of (often build and/or
> run-time breaking regression) enhancements, if there is support for a
> 2.4.24.x release chain during the 3.0 transition? And support for
> potentially 3x backports to 2.4.x, 2.4.24.x and 2.2.x, of really serious bug
> fixes?

Not personally in favor of it, but would help maintain it if that's
what the community wants.

I don't recall much breakage in 2.4 over the past 6 months, much less
breakage that would have impeded anyones work for a significant amount
of time.  Nobody built on Windows prior to the release so we had a
re-roll.  I don't think the corrective action here is a new service
stream.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com