httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary: Broken FastCGI with httpd
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2017 23:57:58 GMT
On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 27, 2017, at 1:36 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 01/27/2017 04:56 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> Let me relook over fpm-main... from what I saw, there are only 2
>>> logic paths: one if Apache and the other for everybody-else...
>>> and the Apache path only kicks in if it sees the proxy:balancer
>>> or proxy:fcgi prefix.
>>
>> Unfortunately there are at least three: non-Apache, "old" Apache, and "new" Apache
(mod_proxy_fcgi). And the logic of those three paths overlaps -- they're not completely separate.

>> That's what makes this hard. If we remove the proxy: prefix now, PHP-FPM "old mode"
fixups will kick in (in certain situations involving REDIRECT_URL etc.) even if there is nothing
to fix up. That's what prompted this conversation.

> In your scenario does "old mode" == "old" Apache or non Apache?
>
> My idea was to send FCGI data such that PHP-FPM doesn't use *any*
> Apache-related fixups. In other words, httpd sends "what it should"
> and PHP-FPM "uses what it receives"

Worked on this as an Insurance policy against whatever we end up doing
-- so tweaks can occur after ap_add_cgi_vars:

http://people.apache.org/~covener/patches/httpd-trunk-fcgiproxysetenvif.diff

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com