httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kyriakos Zarifis <kyr.zari...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP/2 frame prioritization not honored
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 02:54:53 GMT
Sounds great!

> Very interested. I'd like to add a page over at
> https://icing.github.io/mod_h2/ about it, so that people can easily grasp
> what the advantages are. For that, your numbers (do you have screenshots of
> browser timelines maybe?) would be very welcome. Also that someone besides
> the module author has measured it adds credibility. :-)
>
> If you write yourself somewhere about it, I am happy to link that.

Since anything I write would be incomplete without your description of what
caused it and how you resolved it, I put together a WIP write up here, with
screenshots / link to logs*. Feel free to use it as you want or let me know
if you'd like more details; I'm happy to help write the complete story for
a page on https://icing.github.io/mod_h2/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ficing.github.io%2Fmod_h2%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGGEpIrm6K6x3D656pasknPd6AoTQ>
,
which is probably the most reasonable place to gather the relevant bits.

Cheers

* I rerun the tests to capture timeline screenshots, so the server-logs
don't exactly correspond to those screenshots, but the behaviors were the
same
* Note that the delays in the timeline pictures are worse than those seen
on server logs, which have been more helpful for understanding
application-layer behavior. I think what's causing this is a bloated output
buffer in the case where the server aggressively writes low-prio data
(verified this by monitoring the buffer size which keeps increasing during
the test)