httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: The Version Bump fallacy [Was Re: Post 2.4.25]
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 14:13:31 GMT
On Jan 3, 2017 07:11, "Jim Jagielski" <> wrote:

Back in the "old days" we used to provide complimentary builds
for some OSs... I'm not saying we go back and do that necessarily,
but maybe also providing easily consumable other formats when we
do a release, as a "service" to the community might make a lot
of sense.

It could be really helpful. Or we can follow svn's lead and hand it
entirely off to the broader community, which proved really effective on
Windows, given the number of distros to now choose between. I haven't seen
similar for RHEL users, for example.

That said, only one major Linux distro (April Ubuntu LTS) is at OpenSSL
1.0.2, which is a necessary part of http/2's special sauce.

View raw message