httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: [proposed] 2.4 Maintenance SIG
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:14:34 GMT

> Am 23.01.2017 um 02:52 schrieb Noel Butler <noel.butler@ausics.net>:
>
> On 20/01/2017 07:45, Jacob Champion wrote:
>
>> On 01/19/2017 12:52 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
>>> Frequent releases set off alarms in system admins minds, frequent
>>> releases give the view of unstable/unreliable software, and that is the
>>> largest cause of movement to an alternative.
>>
>> So, the last [1] two [2] times you've pushed this viewpoint, you've been the only
one. You remain the only person I've ever known to hold this opinion, and I speak as someone
who maintained a long-term-

> Perhaps the only person who wont bend over and take it up the arse like some people here
expect, if I have an opinion, i'll voice it, I have the advantage of looking at this from
also a system admins perspective, not just a coders, and yes, they very well all too often
differ.

Your opinion and courageous behaviour is noted. Since I have the same advantage as you and
come to different conclusions, maybe there's a hidden variable here somewhere.

Stefan Eissing

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenstrasse 16
48155 M√ľnster