httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: clang-analyzer?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:44:31 GMT

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 4:48 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>
> On 08 Jan 2017, at 4:45 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I ran clang-analyzer against the HTTPD master branch, and it found 126 issues. Many
of these are benign, but I was curious if the community has any thoughts on this? With another
project, I’ve found that keep static code analysis to zero issues can really help finding
new, serious issues (basically, we put the tree in failed state if there’s a new static
code analysis issue).

>> The issues are all over the source code, in core and mod_’s alike. It’d be pretty
tedious to file individual tickets for each of them, so curious if there’s any interest
in cleaning this up to start with a clean state? It’d then be easy to add clang-analyzer
to the release process for example.

> Adding clang-analyzer to a make target (not a default part of the build) would be a good
step, it would make it easy for anyone to run it if they had it available.

Sounds good to me.