httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject clang-analyzer?
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2017 02:45:10 GMT
Howdy,

I ran clang-analyzer against the HTTPD master branch, and it found 126 issues. Many of these
are benign, but I was curious if the community has any thoughts on this? With another project,
I’ve found that keep static code analysis to zero issues can really help finding new, serious
issues (basically, we put the tree in failed state if there’s a new static code analysis
issue).

The issues are all over the source code, in core and mod_’s alike. It’d be pretty tedious
to file individual tickets for each of them, so curious if there’s any interest in cleaning
this up to start with a clean state? It’d then be easy to add clang-analyzer to the release
process for example.

Thoughts?

— leif