httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Summary: Broken FastCGI with httpd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 14:57:14 GMT
Just some additional info (the perl script described might be useful,
esp if we fold it into the test framework):

    https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=54152

> On Jan 18, 2017, at 9:47 AM, David Zuelke <dz@heroku.com> wrote:
>
>> On 17.01.2017, at 23:16, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> (This conversation is currently spread over Bugzilla, IRC, GitHub, and php-internals.
Here's my attempt at summarizing it for all of you. If you have no interest in CGI or FastCGI,
stop reading now.)

> Thanks for picking this up!
>

>> 2) Define what SCRIPT_FILENAME means.
>>
>> SCRIPT_FILENAME isn't actually a CGI 1.1 standard variable. We appear to have defined
it as "whatever r->filename contains", so we've effectively coupled our implementation
details to external clients. PHP-FPM and fcgiwrap, for example, assume that SCRIPT_FILENAME
should point to the script that should be executed to handle the request. We need to standardize
it.

> There's one more caveat around SCRIPT_FILENAME, I think: it might not be the same for
httpd and the FCGI backend if they're running on separate machines!