httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: Reset out x.minor.z definition of 'minor' at httpd?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:54:29 GMT

> Am 20.01.2017 um 21:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com>:
>

>> On Jan 20, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>

>> If I really was the dictator Bill tries to insinuate that I am,
>> I would simply branch 2.5 *right now* off of trunk.
>
> In fact, I'd announce 2.5-alpha "immediately" as what's
> in trunk... with a set schedule that 2.6-Beta1 is tagged 2
> months later and a goal that 2.6-GA be announced at
> ApacheCon Miami.
>
> But this all implies that 2.5/2.6 not be the huge restructure/re-
> factor envisioned by some.

Let's sort out what will be in it and what everyone is willing to commit to in that time frame.
Define what 2.6 will be with all the restrictions on time and effort that we can do. Then
we can have a look at it and see if it's worthwhile for us and our users to do.

I hope that leads to a more fruitful discussion. Debating castles in the sky is not what I
am interested in.

Stefan Eissing

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenstrasse 16