httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <>
Subject Autobuild Progress (was Re: Automated tests)
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:02:35 GMT
On 01/02/2017 07:53 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Setting this up isn't a lot more complicated than filing an INFRA ticket
> with a build script, a list of build dependencies, and a list of
> branches to build, and deciding how build failures would be notified.

To follow up on this, we now have an operational (if not yet fully
functional) buildbot for trunk:

There's a lot of work yet to do, but for now we have an Ubuntu machine
that can be manually triggered to run an incremental build on trunk.

Here's my list of TODOs:
- run per-commit incremental builds
- run nightly clean builds
- run a nightly test suite
- set up 2.4.x in addition to trunk
- set up Windows in addition to Ubuntu

== Details ==

The bot is building against Ubuntu-packaged dependencies, which requires
a new apr-config option for buildconf (run `./buildconf --help` on the
latest trunk for info). This leaves out a few modules that need some
bleeding-edge dependencies:

- mod_brotli (needs the unreleased libbrotli)
- mod_crypto (needs APR 1.6)
- mod[_proxy]_http2 (needs libnghttp2)
- mod_lua (needs our configure script to recognize Lua 5.3)

So to run a full test suite, eventually we'll need to build those
dependencies too. I figure this is a good start for now.

The following modules aren't built because of platform-specific stuff:

- mod_socache_dc (distcache)
- mod_journald, mod_systemd
- mod_privileges (sys/priv.h)
- mpm_os2
- mpm_winnt

If you'd like to poke around, our buildbot configuration file is in the
infra repository and is, I believe, open to all our committers:

View raw message