httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Summary: Broken FastCGI with httpd
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:17:27 GMT

> On Jan 30, 2017, at 4:04 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/28/2017 07:22 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> In your scenario does "old mode" == "old" Apache or non Apache?
>
> "Old" Apache.
>
>> My idea was to send FCGI data such that PHP-FPM doesn't use *any*
>> Apache-related fixups. In other words, httpd sends "what it should"
>> and PHP-FPM "uses what it receives"
>
> Right. My point is that without simultaneous modifications to PHP-FPM, I see no way to
do this without breaking deployed use cases, because of how easily the fixup code is triggered.
And therefore IMO we shouldn't push that change in 2.4.26, but wait (for a reasonable amount
of time) for both sides to agree on the way forward.

> I'll try to review Eric's patch later this week, since it would help ease the migration
pain (and give other users a path forward even with broken FCGI backends).

Looking over fpm_main, Apache is detected iff PHP sees the proxy:balancer and/or
proxy:fcgi prefix. Looking at the logic paths related to 'apache_was_here',
it looks like it just works around stuff that we *CAN* fix. For example, one
code path is due to "mod_proxy_fcgi and ProxyPass, apache cannot set PATH_INFO",
but we can, and do now....