httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autobuild Progress (was Re: Automated tests)
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 22:35:58 GMT
On 01/30/2017 06:23 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> You could also configure buildbot to detect any new compiler warnings.
> That'll cause buildbot to report a FAILURE (red) or a WARNING (yellow),
> instead of a SUCCESS (green), if the build succeeded but a compiler
> warning has been issued.

Good suggestion. I *think* the eventual goal is to move to -Werror for
maintainer-mode builds, which would remove buildbot from the equation
entirely (and force committers to fix their stuff before committing :P),
but there's currently a bug in trunk's configure script that keeps it
from being enabled as intended.

I'll keep this in mind in case enabling -Werror proves to have other
issues (or if we come across a platform without a reliable -Werror). Thanks!

--Jacob