httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Summary: Broken FastCGI with httpd
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:22:11 GMT

> On Jan 27, 2017, at 1:36 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/27/2017 04:56 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Let me relook over fpm-main... from what I saw, there are only 2
>> logic paths: one if Apache and the other for everybody-else...
>> and the Apache path only kicks in if it sees the proxy:balancer
>> or proxy:fcgi prefix.
>
> Unfortunately there are at least three: non-Apache, "old" Apache, and "new" Apache (mod_proxy_fcgi).
And the logic of those three paths overlaps -- they're not completely separate.

> That's what makes this hard. If we remove the proxy: prefix now, PHP-FPM "old mode" fixups
will kick in (in certain situations involving REDIRECT_URL etc.) even if there is nothing
to fix up. That's what prompted this conversation.

In your scenario does "old mode" == "old" Apache or non Apache?

My idea was to send FCGI data such that PHP-FPM doesn't use *any*
Apache-related fixups. In other words, httpd sends "what it should"
and PHP-FPM "uses what it receives"