httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [proposed] 2.4 Maintenance SIG
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 20:46:26 GMT
There is no such thing as "Jim's Releases" or "Bill's
Releases". The PMC votes on them and the release is
an action of the PMC. It's a PMC release.

As for why I do it: It's a chore. Mostly "thankless" due
to the drama one needs to endure and the fact that
you will be assured that at least someone will think
it is too late/too early, too minor/too major, etc...
So I do it as a service to the PMC and so that people
don't need to "worry" about it. I am more than willing
to help/mentor/guide anyone interested in wanting to
do it for themselves, as well, of course.

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html