httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: making mod_proxy_wstunnel to support other protocol via parameters
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 16:40:02 GMT
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
> (I don't know the answer to your question in particular, but I think there
> was also discussion a while ago about a mod_proxy_tcp, which might be
> relevant to the discussion?)

There is already duplication between mod_proxy_wstunnell and
mod_proxy_connect because they are both basically setup + TCP tunnell.

I am not sure how usable the async stuff in wstunnell is. it would be
awesome if it worked/worked better and other modules that were
basically just tunnelling got it for free.  I think the approach is
only really valid for things very similar to TCP tunnels.