httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confusing behavior w/ buckets in connection filter
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2016 19:56:37 GMT
On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Daniel Ruggeri <DRuggeri@primary.net> wrote:
> This output is immediately after apr_bucket_read(b, &tmp_buf, &nbytes,
> APR_BLOCK_READ);... indeed, nbytes and the length of the bucket agree
> but there are 48 characters available (in this example) in the buffer.

I don't know why it would be 11 instead of something like 5 for an SSL
record header, but it's probably that mod_ssl is asking for fewer
bytes (last parm in ap_get_brigade) and the core input filter has
stashed excess bytes away for the next read. You should pretend it's
really only the 11 bytes  and call ap_get_brigade again.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com