httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Post 2.4.25
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2016 16:31:33 GMT
On Dec 24, 2016 10:57, "Jim Jagielski" <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

Yeah, right now the way we are "doing marketing" is by
continually adding features and enhancements to 2.4... It
is what keeps 2.4 relevant and is what either keeps current
httpd users using httpd or maybe help those on the fence decide
on httpd instead of nginx/whatever.

My point is that even having a 6 month minimal (and that
is, IMO, widely optimistic and unrealistic) of "no new
features for 2.4" means that we are basically giving people
reasons to drop httpd.

Oh, sure, I agree with that. Six months of (perceived) inaction would tell
the world we're all done. I'm probably answering a different question.  :)