httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: T&R of 2.4.24
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2016 13:32:09 GMT

> On Dec 23, 2016, at 2:32 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>

> I hope you sort this out in your ombudsman role, because this is the
> test of whether you understand ASF responsibilities, both legally,
> and in the sense of our entire ecosystem, and the will of your specific
> project who had a very firm position, before you undermined it.
>
> Cheers, and a Merry Christmas!

Bill, puhlease. Stick and carrot? Really?

Anyway, this seems appropriate:

" 'Saruman, Saruman!' said Gandalf, still laughing. 'Saruman, you missed your path in life.
You should have been the king's jester and earned your bread, and stripes too, by mimicking
his counsellors. Ah me!' he paused, getting the better of his mirth. 'Understand one another?
I fear I am beyond your comprehension. But you, Saruman, I understand now too well. I keep
a clearer memory of your arguments, and deeds, than you suppose. When last I visited you,
you were the jailor of Mordor, and there I was to be sent. Nay, the guest who escaped from
the roof, will think twice before he comes back in by the door.' "

I will give your comments the weight they deserve.