httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: 2.6/3.0
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 14:29:18 GMT

> On Dec 9, 2016, at 5:24 PM, William A Rowe Jr <> wrote:
> Instead, maybe we could backport all that stuff to 2.4, in a backwards
> compatible fashion. That is, basically backport trunk to 2.4. This
> would give us more runway to work on httpd-nextgen.
> That is very unrealistic, given that the trunk patches have broken
> ABI more than once a month for four years. Adapting such patches
> would lead to many more inane forks like the HttpProtocol Strict
> backport effort.

Well, instead of just throwing one's hands up and saying "That
is very unrealistic" I am sure that there are some among us
who instead are obstructionists, actually want to drive this
project further along and would, as I explicitly state, try to
figure out some way of doing so in a "backwards compatible

View raw message