httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Pisar <ppi...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: PCRE 10 and puzzling edge cases
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 14:05:30 GMT
On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 11:09:42AM -0600, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> I've beaten my head against this wall for a bit longer, and came up with
> several places where pcre2 changed return types for void *what query
> interogations (especially from int to uint32, badness on x86_64-linux).
>
> The attached patch picks up these bad void * type assignments. Still
> no tremendous improvement, missing something blatantly obvious,
> I expect.

After few hours of getting httpd sources and tests and hacking them to
actually obtain a pass, I applied your patch and looked what's wrong with your
PCRE2 code.

The t/apache/expr.t failed because the pcre2_match() alwayes returned -51
that means PCRE2_ERROR_NULL. The reason is you used the old PCRE optimization
path and called pcre2_match_data_create(nmatch, NULL) only if nmatch was
positive. As a result, pcre2_match_data_create() was never called, so you
passed NULL matchdata to pcre2_match(), hence the failure.

See the attached fix.

The tests still do not pass, but that's probably another (PCRE2) problem.
I hope I helped you at lest somehow.

-- Petr