httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: JSON for mod_status
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:41:20 GMT
> On Nov 30, 2016, at 2:31 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 30, 2016, at 1:56 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> >

> > There's no way to anticipate the "right way" to map json
> > tables to presentation-level results.
>
> ???
>
> Certainly that is the job of the xlate provider that
> would be used, wouldn't it. Or are you suggesting that
> JSON itself isn't suitable as a data format in this case?
>
> I'm asking how one would maintain the xslt for the half dozen
> json data providers of mod_status extensions within the stock
> distro, PLUS any mod_status extension providers in the third
> party world of modules?

Ummmm.... the data providers that hook into mod_status simply
push JSON. Same w/ any other extension providers. That is,
ALL mod_status does is provide JSON data; mod_status_html takes
that JSON format and xlates it to HTML; mod_status_plain takes
it and xlates it to simple text.

Where does JSON fail and bean succeed?

Other than being something that I brought up, I'm not sure
I understand your resistance, or why/how BMX is "better"
than JSON.