httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1769677 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 19:07:10 GMT
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 1:02 PM, <wrowe@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: wrowe
> Date: Mon Nov 14 19:02:29 2016
> New Revision: 1769677

> Log:
> Promote one patch, propose one historically tangled patch
>
> +  *) Propose default strict RFC7230 behavior, and HttpProtocolOptions
> directive
> +     to relax or further constrain some behaviors.
> +     trunk patches: too numerous to list, see
> +       svn log --stop-on-copy http://svn.apache.org/repos/
> asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x-merge-http-strict/
> +     2.4.x patch: see
> +       svn diff -r1767912:HEAD http://svn.apache.org/repos/
> asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x-merge-http-strict/
> +     +1: wrowe

Patch attached. There were some incremental comments to the merge branch
that may or may not still apply, please reiterate your point.

I'm aware of one possible failing of this backport which I would like to
fix on
2.4 after the backport is in... compilers may complain of assignment of the
r->protocol to a const char*, we may need apr_pstrcpy's scattered about.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this work on trunk/ or simply
providing feedback on dev@.

The earliest i will commit this backport is noon-ish Tuesday from Spain.