httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: JSON for mod_status
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:15:40 GMT
On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Jim Jagielski <> wrote:

> One final note:
> The reason I brought all this up is that right now, using mod_status
> for actual automated status checking is downright painful. At
> ApacheCon, due to, I guess, me adding the mod_status hooks to
> the redis and memcache socache providers, people came up to
> me and asked when, if ever, we would support JSON in mod_status.

++1 :)

> What I was hoping for was an implementation that could easily,
> and in some reasonable timeframe, be made available to our
> 2.4.x community. I don't want something that just ends up
> in trunk, to sit and languish until the day when we eventually
> decide on releasing 2.6/3.0.

Since it's written and is working just fine (and is part of the RHEL
distribution) - let's bring bmx in, then think about how to refactor
the bean data and status hooks to converge them in
Or we can play NIH. (Especially absurd since an httpd committer
wrote the whole first implementation.)

View raw message