httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mehvish.Rashid <Mehvish.Ras...@ul.ie>
Subject RE: Query on linking Apache Mailing list with GitHUub Commits
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 01:45:09 GMT
I see code commits on this link: https://github.com/apache/httpd/commits
But when I search for a svn commit, for example, "Re: svn commit: r1768245 - " from mailing
list: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@httpd.apache.org:2016-11 on the above link I
cannot find it. Am looking for a way to link the committers in svn and mails sent by them
on the above mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Covener [mailto:covener@gmail.com]
Sent: 15 November 2016 01:06
To: Apache HTTP Server Development List

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Mehvish.Rashid <Mehvish.Rashid@ul.ie> wrote:
> 1) I would like to know where do developers on Apache HTTP Server ask questions relating
to code in inactive file.
> Inactive file is a file on which there are no commit for some duration. When some developer
starts to work on the code of such file where do they ask questions.
> I see some communication on this link:
> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@httpd.apache.org
> Are there any other places to find answers relevant to code.

That's the right list, there are no other options.  modules-dev@ is for module development
questions about modules that aren't a part of httpd.

> 2) Can questions on mailing list in the above link be linked to
> commits on: https://github.com/apache/httpd

Anyone is free to send an email with a link to a github link, but they are more likely to
address something in terms of its SVN revision or respond to the email generated during the
commit.  For httpd, github is just a read/only mirror.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com