httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: JSON for mod_status
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:58:08 GMT
I'm not pushing back on mod_bmx at all... I just think
that there is a better understanding here about "mod_status
producing JSON" than what the changeover to mod_bmx would
be.

What I would push back on would be having 2 implementations,
since that's just weird :) But if the BMX data format is
"better" then we should use that.

As Nick said, what is key is that we should produce this
internal data in a known and easily parseable exchange
format, one that we can then directly send as a response
as well as one which we can, via a provider-like interface,
xlate to HTML and other "common" formats. Right now, I
think "plain", "json" and "html" are the only ones we
should worry about.