httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: module advice
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:52:39 GMT
Use libapreq2

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 13, 2016, at 5:08 PM, Mark Blackman <mark@exonetric.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this is the right mailing list for this question, and feel free to redirect
me if so, however, if I want to write a module to examine an HTTP POST body and execute some
action with the contents of the body, but only if the body matches some condition, should
that be done with an input filter, taking a copy of the body and then end of the request,
doing the matching and/or execution of the action? Or is there some way to plant a hook that
gets executed after all the input filters have run and I just have the  whole request body
sitting there ready for examination?

> Currently, I believe an input filter is required to copy the request as it comes in,
but it might be cleaner to just execute some code after the body has been received if practical.