httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1758672 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: ./ CHANGES include/httpd.h server/protocol.c
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 07:57:08 GMT
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:51 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 2:52 PM, <ylavic@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Author: ylavic
>> Date: Wed Aug 31 19:52:28 2016
>> New Revision: 1758672

>> Log:
>> Merge r1710095, r1727544 from trunk:
>>
>> core: Limit to ten the number of tolerated empty lines between request,
>

> Yup
>

>> and consume them before the pipelining check to avoid possible response
>> delay when reading the next request without flushing.
>

> I don't think you backported this aspect. It was based on tweaking a lower
> level lookahead that didn't exist in 2.2.x, unless I missed some backport
> approvals?

Right, this is done in check_pipeline() in 2.4.x, but wasn't part of
the proposed backport patch [1] (which I simply applied).

I'm not sure the readahead is worth it in 2.2.x though, because
check_pipeline_flush() does an inconditional flush anyway, and the
issue in 2.4.x was that trailing newline(s) might have caused the next
request to block in ap_read_request() without flushing the previous
one.
AFAICT this can't happen in 2.2.x thanks to the FLUSH.

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wrowe/patches/master/backport-2.2.x-r1710095-r1727544.patch