httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <ste...@eissing.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1754916 - in /httpd/test/mod_h2/trunk: conf/sites/test.example.org.conf test/go/ test/go/get.go test/go/test_get.sh test/test.sh test/test_common.sh
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 08:07:33 GMT
We discovered some incompatibilities when testing the current go RC against 2.4.23. That's
why I am adding go to the list of test clients. I would also like to add Python's hyper, given
time. Maybe even headless browsers.

The reasons why it's important is that current tests rely mainly on curl and nghttp clients,
both of which use libnghttp2. While this is good to test various conditions, true interop
with other http2 implementation can only be achieved by running other implementations. ;-)

-Stefan

> Am 03.08.2016 um 00:19 schrieb Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com>:
>
> On 08/02/2016 06:42 AM, icing@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> start of go test client, changed h2/state url
>
> Hmm, now I'm curious. nghttp2, last I saw, was also basing its tests in Go. What are
the advantages/disadvantages of Go for test writing? (I'm coming from a primarily Python/Ruby
test background, for the rich standard libraries and easy glue code.)