httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1756049 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x-openssl-1.1.0-compat/modules/ssl/ssl_util.c
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:18:29 GMT
Hi Rainer,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

> Am 11.08.2016 um 23:07 schrieb Yann Ylavic:
>>
>> You really mean to dereference NULL here?
>
> That was just a test if anyone is following.

:)

> No, seriously: good question, for me an opportunity to learn something new.
> The code was taken from trunk as-is (lame excuse), but it seems on z/OS NULL
> is not the same as address 0. The PSA (Prefixed Save Area) actually starts
> at address 0!

OK, it seems that z/OS always sets the PSATOLD pointer at this address
(see [1]).

> Thanks for watching closely!

Thanks for the explanations (and links)!

Regards,
Yann.

[1] http://www.longpelaexpertise.com/ezine/CtBlksBeginners2.php :
"PSATOLD - A pointer to the Task Control Block (TCB) of the task
currently scheduled on this CP [Central Processor]. The TCB holds
information on a specific task."