httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1715880 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: modules/aaa/ modules/cache/ modules/dav/main/ modules/filters/ modules/generators/ modules/http/ modules/http2/ modules/loggers/ modules/mappers/ modules/proxy/ modules/ssl/ server/
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 20:44:20 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Christophe JAILLET
<christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was about to start to submit backport proposals related to
> 'ap_cstr_casecmp'. The goal is to synch 2.4 and trunk a bit more.
> This should not be a that easy task because:
>    - initial updates are big patches
>    - they mix code already backported and code that are only in trunk (svn
> merge will give some errors)
>    - strcasecmp --> ap_casecmpstr --> ap_cstr_casecmp

Thanks Christophe for taking care of this.

I proposed a patch on dev@
(https://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=144838942326923&w=2) and kept
it up to date until January (attached), but never went to a formal
proposal in STATUS (lack of minimal testing) :/

Though outdated (it was ap_casecmpstr() then), it at least contains
the list of first/oldest merged commits (mergeinfo trailer).
If it could be useful to you...

> Anyway, while looking at it, I noticed the code below.
> I think that it is a leftover because I don't see any reason to handle these
> 2 string comparisons differently.

+1 for "fixing" the leftover.

Regards,
Yann.