httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1756556 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:11:16 GMT
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the procedure for dealing with this in STATUS when I propose
> something? A 2.4.x patch hosted... somewhere?

Yes, you can propose a branch merge in a standalone patch, and give a
link to it in a "2.4.x patch: ..." line (otherwise, this line is
usually "trunk works [modulo CHANGES/MMN --which the "merger" can
easily resolve itself]".

That way, the votes refer to the proposed patch, finally simply
applied on the branch (with --record-only for the mergeinfo of trunk
commits).

For hosting the patches, it's either an external address (lifetime of
the vote, at least ;) or your own Apache space at
home.apache.org/~yourid/ (you may want to configure your SSH
authorized_keys line on id.apache.org to be able to access it via
sftp).

> Or do we just rely on proper
> manual resolution by whoever merges the patches?

Ouch, no one would want to merge :)
Also, votes wouldn't always correspond to the result...

Regards,
Yann.