httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1754732 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_fcgi.c
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 08:48:43 GMT
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Luca Toscano <toscano.luca@gmail.com> wrote:

> So IIUC you are saying to always done+break in the 304 use case (to avoid
> reading from the connection again), and then detect the response in another
> place.

Yes, any following data is for the next request.

> Would you mind to give me some indication about where this check
> should be? I am reviewing the code but it is not straightforward to me where
> to make this change.

IMHO it belongs in ap_proxy_is_socket_connected(), see r1750392 (and
follow up r1750474).
If this is in place (trunk only for now), we can simply done+break on
204 or 304 in mod_proxy_fcgi.

What I don't know is whether or not we need to read AP_FCGI_END_REQUEST anyway?
If that's the case, we should indeed not break until then, and
conn->close=1+done+break if we read anything else before.