httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: HTTP/1.1 strict ruleset
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:59:02 GMT
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:44 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> > Just to be clear, that is now 2 votes for eliminating the 'classic
> parser'
> > from all
> > of trunk, 2.4.x and 2.2.x branches, and using only the strict parser,
> > unconditionally.
> >
> > That's actually 3 votes for removing it from trunk, which I planned to do
> > already,
> > after 2.4 and 2.2 backports are in-sync with trunk.
>
> Without yet reviewing the votes, I would (personally) think this kind
> of split makes it your call as the one neck deep in the issue & doing
> all the work.    Thank you for your work on this.
>
> Maybe one last summary of your call, and a short window for strong
> objection/veto?

Certainly, that's what the backport proposal of everything from the initial
commit by sf all the way to the present state will accomplish in STATUS.

With so many evolutions of various bits, a summary patch will be provided,
of course. But it's helpful to me to know the opinions of Jim and Roy and
everyone else in advance of proposing that backport.