httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1750953 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/util_script.c
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:42:32 GMT
On 07/22/2016 10:49 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> I'm -1 for interpretating invalid values.

By "invalid" do you mean any string that doesn't comply with 723x's
Last-Modified definition? Even if the only non-compliance is the use of
a non-GMT timezone?

I'm not personally a fan of all the strange date formats handled by the
parse_rfc() function, but it seems like timezone translation is
something we can easily/usefully/safely do.

> The new behavior was wrong, it should be set to now() for all
> invalidinput IMHO

In my opinion, turning a completely invalid string (e.g. "Last-Modified:
blahblahblah") into a current Last-Modified stamp *is* interpretation.
We'd be attaching a Last-Modified value to a resource that doesn't
really deserve one.

--Jacob