httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1754579 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/gen_test_char.c
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:28:11 GMT
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> (I'm a bit lost on where are/aren't EBCDIC octets here).

Mostly, I understand that T_HTTP_TOKEN_STOP and T_HTTP_CTRLS should be
used with ascii chars because they come from test_isascii_equiv() (and
due to the fact they are called from ap_getline_core(), with network
bytes), but e.g. T_OS_ESCAPE_PATH must be used with native/EBCDIC
chars because it uses apr_isalnum() directly.

That doesn't look consistent (at that level) to me, shouldn't
ap_getline_core() do the ap_xlate_proto_from_ascii() work (or we
provide both ascii and ebcdic versions of
ap_{get,scan}_http_{token,field_content}())...