httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pietro Paolini <pietro.paol...@ocado.com>
Subject Re: Apache Benchmark SNI SSL
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 11:44:42 GMT
On 1 July 2016 at 11:18, Pietro Paolini <pietro.paolini@ocado.com> wrote:

> On 30 June 2016 at 19:55, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Pietro Paolini
>> <pietro.paolini@ocado.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have built the httpd-2-.4.20 tarball but the problem is still there,
>> has
>> > it been fixed in newer version ? is there a workaround for that ?
>>
>> SNI handling just added to ab in http://svn.apache.org/r1750854.
>> It will be part of some future release when accepted by the community,
>> meanwhile maybe you can patch your current release with the commit
>> above.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Yann.
>>

> Is it correct ? It does not look good to me.
>
>  -    while ((status = apr_getopt(opt,
> "n:c:t:s:b:T:p:u:v:lrkVhwix:y:z:C:H:P:A:g:X:de:SqB:m:"
> +    while ((status = apr_getopt(opt,
> "n:c:t:s:b:T:p:u:v:lrkVhwixI:y:z:C:H:P:A:g:X:de:SqB:m:"
>
> The x option has lost its argument, the new option you have introduced
> uses an argument but the :
>
> +    fprintf(stderr, "    -I Use TLS Server Name Indication (SNI)
> extension\n");
>
> Does not tell that.
>
> The ab tool print the helper and quits without doing anything, I have
> applied the patch on the top of the httpd-2.4.20 though, I am working a bit
> on that, even though given my poor knowledge of the project itself I do not
> think I can't go anywhere but hardcoding:
>
> +            SSL_set_tlsext_host_name(c->ssl, "myserverhost");
>
> If I can be of any help - such testing - feel free to drag me in.
>
> Thanks,
> Pietro
>

> To fix the patch you just need to

 -    while ((status = apr_getopt(opt,
"n:c:t:s:b:T:p:u:v:lrkVhwix:y:z:C:H:P:A:g:X:de:SqB:m:"
 +    while ((status = apr_getopt(opt,
"n:c:t:s:b:T:p:u:v:lrkVhwiIx:y:z:C:H:P:A:g:X:de:SqB:m:"

That will do the job, as it stands right now it will be working if given a
-I option with a random argument, for example :

./support/ab -I randomstring  -c 1 -n 1 https://whatever/url

The I argument is actually not used.

Cheers,
P.

--

Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of
members of the Ocado Group. Opinions and views expressed in this message

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and
delete all copies of this message. Please note that it is your
responsibility to scan this message for viruses.

Fetch and Sizzle are trading names of Speciality Stores Limited, a member
of the Ocado Group.

References to the “Ocado Group” are to Ocado Group plc (registered in
England and Wales with number 7098618) and its subsidiary undertakings (as
that expression is defined in the Companies Act 2006) from time to time.
The registered office of Ocado Group plc is Titan Court, 3 Bishops Square,
Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Herts. AL10 9NE.