httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1750953 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/util_script.c
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 20:01:03 GMT
> Yes, I mean anything that doesn't fit one of the *three* allowable formats.
> Nothing is allowed except for GMT.

Agreed, only GMT is allowed on the wire. I still believe it's
potentially useful, and not unsafe, to transform a non-GMT timestamp
into a valid GMT timestamp before putting it on the wire.

(I'm also not opposed to removing such a header entirely; I just don't
think that's as useful.)

>     In my opinion, turning a completely invalid string (e.g.
>     "Last-Modified: blahblahblah") into a current Last-Modified stamp
>     *is* interpretation. We'd be attaching a Last-Modified value to a
>     resource that doesn't really deserve one.
>
> That is precisely what the spec calls us to do.

Can you provide a section? I don't know 723x to the extent I knew 2616 yet.

--Jacob