httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jens Schleusener" <Jens.Schleuse...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: T&R 2.4.23 tomorrow (Thurs) ??
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:38:11 GMT
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016, William A Rowe Jr wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Jens Schleusener <Jens.Schleusener@t-online.de>
wrote:
>       Just for curiosity I copied the soure code via
>
>  svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x
>
>  src/httpd-2.4.x> ./buildconf
>
>  src/httpd-2.4.x> ./configure --enable-mods-shared=few
>
>  configure: loading site script /usr/share/site/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>  checking for chosen layout... Apache
>  [... many lines deleted ...]
>  checking whether to enable mod_proxy_express... no (few)
>  checking whether to enable mod_proxy_hcheck... checking dependencies
>  configure: WARNING: "mod_proxy is disabled but required for mod_proxy_hcheck"
>  checking whether to enable mod_proxy_hcheck... configure: error:
>  mod_proxy_hcheck has been requested but can not be built due to prerequisite failures
>
> So it appears not the identical but a similar failure compared to that one I reported
some days ago
> ("Small problem in "configure" script with 2.4.21"): Now "mod_watchdog" is replaced by
"mod_proxy".

> And again: Since the option "--enable-mods-shared=few" doesn't include any "proxy"-related
modules I
> also don't expect to build the "reverse-proxy health-check module".
>
> I am not sure if there is still a problem or if my "configure" building and testing is
incorrect.

> There is still a problem, and it relates to a special case handling
> of the underlying 'few' token. Found it, more updates shortly...

... good news.

So now nearly superfluous info but just for completeness: Your first patch
for modules/proxy/config.m4 sent at "Thu, 23 Jun 2016 07:32:02 -0500"
solved at least the superficial problem and let the configure run end
without an error.

But caused by some cut&paste unicode errors and since your diff has within
the 3 trailing unified lines the line

  enable_proxy_hcheck="no";

where the original file modules/proxy/config.m4 has at line number 67

  enable_proxy_hcheck="";

I had to apply the patch manually.

Jens