httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1750392 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/log-message-tags/next-number include/ap_mmn.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy_ajp.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy_fcgi.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy_http.c modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:25:33 GMT
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

>> On Jun 27, 2016, at 1:26 PM, ylavic@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> +    apr_bucket_brigade *tmp_bb;
>> } proxy_conn_rec;
>>

> I am missing the reason why this brigade needs to be
> a field in this struct. Is it simply to prevent us having
> to create it during each call of ap_proxy_check_backend()?

Yes, mainly, we could create/destroy (yet another) temporary brigade
in ap_proxy_check_backend(), but there are several places already
where we do that (and where the proxy_conn_rec is available).
I thought we could later follow up on this change and optimize these
by using the new tmp_bb field (cleanup is faster than
create/destroy)...