httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1750301 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy: mod_proxy.h proxy_util.c
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:00:08 GMT
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Doesn't this depend on:
>
>      trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1656259
>                   http://svn.apache.org/r1656359 (CHANGES entry)
>
> which, in STATUS, is tagged as still being worked?

I don't think so, r1656259 is more about reducing the time frame
between the backend connection check and its effective reuse (for
requests with a body which may be long to read or retained by some
input filter).

PR 57832 does not depend on this (race) condition, hence this change
(r1750301, or actually its successor since I'll revert it for a less
intrusive version) could be applied to 2.4.x without r1656259.

No hurry though, this is mainly to mitigate a (potential) defect on
the backend side only, it could be included in > 2.4.23 IMHO.

Regards,
Yann.