httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: Apache Benchmark SNI SSL
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:27:10 GMT
You might want to try adding the ppa by ondrej to your apt-get source and install a newer apache
and opensll from there. That should give you an ab with openssl 1.0.2 linked.

 https://launchpad.net/%7Eondrej/+archive/ubuntu/apache2

> Am 30.06.2016 um 19:21 schrieb Pietro Paolini <pietro.paolini@ocado.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I apologise in advance, if this is not the right place where to post such question.
> I have tried to use the ab tool which comes with the apache package of my Ubuntu 14.04
distro to stress test a web server, such server lies behind a CDN and the use of the TLS Server
Name Indication is required.

> Unfortunately my ab binary does not cope well with that and this is what I get:
>
> dpkg -l *apache2-utils*
>
>  apache2-utils           2.4.7-1ubuntu4.1 amd64
>

> Benchmarking api.sit.cymesfood.osp.tech (be patient)...SSL handshake failed (1).
> 139742942701280:error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert h
> andshake failure:s23_clnt.c:770:
> ..done
>
> Googling the problem I found people with similar issues who have re-built the apache
source tarball after having applied some patches or manually having modified the code.

> https://blogs.oracle.com/meena/entry/apachebench_ab_and_sni
>
> Such guide is based on httpd-2.3.11-beta
>
> The issue with that is that I do not have much diff context to see where the changes
should be applied and the starting tarball is different httpd-2.3.11 vs httpd-2.4.20, furthermore
 I though that asking directly the community involved in the project could give me a better
idea about what's needed.

> I have built the httpd-2-.4.20 tarball but the problem is still there, has it been fixed
in newer version ? is there a workaround for that ?

> Thanks,
> Pietro
>
> Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of members of
the Ocado Group. Opinions and views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect
the opinions and views of the members of the Ocado Group.

> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all copies
of this message. Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses.

> Fetch and Sizzle are trading names of Speciality Stores Limited, a member of the Ocado
Group.

> References to the “Ocado Group” are to Ocado Group plc (registered in England and
Wales with number 7098618) and its subsidiary undertakings (as that expression is defined
in the Companies Act 2006) from time to time.  The registered office of Ocado Group plc is
Titan Court, 3 Bishops Square, Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Herts. AL10 9NE.