httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1750779 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:26:27 GMT

On 06/30/2016 07:07 PM, Stefan Eissing wrote:

>> Am 30.06.2016 um 17:55 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Stefan Eissing
>> <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>> We now set exactly the same callback right before in line 709. If we had more
than one callback, we would not have to specify NULL, but restore any previous callback there
was, right?

>> Actually NULL preserves the current callback, so once we've set one
>> (or the default) at global/connection init time, if we use NULL
>> everywhere else we can preserve it (patch proposed in my previous
>> message).
>
> What I meant was: we would need to reset the callback that was in place before line 709.
The "NULL=ignore the parameter" will not suffice in case we have more than one callback.

Fair enough. I didn't look at line 709 but only at line 804. So we handle things differently
in both cases. I would like
to see a consistent approach. But nothing terribly urgent or important. As said the patch
works anyway in our case.

Regards

RĂ¼diger