httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hung 2.2.x STATUS entries...
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 18:53:07 GMT

> A couple of branches/2.2.x STATUS questions are outstanding...
>
>   *) mod_mem_cache: Don't cache incomplete responses when the client aborts the connection.
>      Not applicable to trunk, mod_mem_cache doesn't exist there.
>      2.2.x patch: http://people.apache.org/~elu/mem_cache_client_abort.diff
>      +1: elu,
>      ylavic: don't we know from the very beginning of store_body() if
>              r->connection->aborted, so to fail there?
>      rpluem: Agreed. I guess we can move this up to line 733 before the loop.
>      ylavic: Or even at the beginning if we want to avoid file caching too.
>              But finally I wonder why we would not cache the response provided
>              it is complete. Shouldn't incomplete response be detected with
>              error buckets instead? ISTM that EOS with no error bucket *is*
>              a complete response that could be cached even if the current
>              client won't receive it completely.
>      wrowe asks: Refreshed patch yet?  Will give this a week before moving to
>                  the 'stalled' section below.
>
> What's the resolution here? Is there a patch yet that satisfies you both,
> that we can review?

No that I am aware. Without having a patch at hand and time to create one currently I
guess the correct condition would be to NOT cache if the connection is aborted and there
is NO EOS bucket in the actual brigade. How to do this most effectively is left as an exercise
for the reader :-).
But I guess the best approach is to test before the brigade iteration whether the connection
is aborted and if it is if the brigade contains an EOS.

Maybe Yann's patches somehow got lost in the the people to home transfer.

Regards

RĂ¼diger